2018 Clark County Fair Beer Mile
The Beer Mile will be held Saturday July, 28th at 3 PM on the track. Registration will begin at 2:30 PM. If you would like a T-Shirt please Pre-Register HERE to ensure one is available. Click HERE to print and sign your runners agreement. Please come out and enjoy the Races.
- Each competitor / team drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps, ideally on a track (start - beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap - finish).
- Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line on a 400m track.
- The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile (1609 meters).
- Women also drink four beers in four laps (past rule lists only required ladies to drink three beers).
- Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 355ml (the standard can volume) or 12oz (the imperial equivalent). Bottles may be substituted for cans as long as they are at least 12 oz (355 ml) in volume.
- No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie "super mega mouth cans" or "wide mouth bottles" are prohibited.
- Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles - no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
- Beer must be a minimum of 4.2% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops.
- Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
- Competitors must sign the runners agreement before entering the event.